Monday, March 5, 2012

Santa and Izzy

Hi All, Thank goodness the weekend is over. All of us with the exception of Bella ended up with colds. So a boring weekend was had with tissues everywhere and trying to get the kids to have some cough medicine. No doubt it will be the first of many for the year.
I still managed some stitching after they had gone to bed. First I started the backstitching on Santa.
His eyes are supposed to be french knots which I can't do to save my life so I just added a few quarter stitches in the corners and they look ok.
And Princess Izzy
This week I brought a barbie sewing pattern to try and make the girls some new clothes. I have no idea how to sew but my mother in law used to make mens suits so she has offered to teach me how to use my sewing machine that I had to have after Charlotte was born and which has been pretty much sitting their since.
This is the pattern I chose and although the girls would love a wedding dress I think I might start with something a little simpler. So if any of you have made doll clothes or have any general sewing tips/tricks please let me know!
Cheers,Sharine

3 comments:

  1. Santa is looking good. Good luck on the doll clothes.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I'm sorry to hear that you were sick! I hope you're feeling better. Despite that, you got some nice work in!

    I feel you on french knots. The evil horse pattern I'm doing has a million of them and I'm dreading every single one. Every. Single. One.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous stitching :D sorry no advice on dolls clothes I've never made any.

    ReplyDelete